Interpretation and Definitions
Words in which the initial letter is capitalized have defined meanings under the following conditions. The following definitions will have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or plural.
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our service or parts of our service.
- Company (referred to as “the company”, “we”, “us”, or “our” in this Agreement) refers to NerdsDiary.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Service, such as a computer, mobile phone, or digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the company. Refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the company to facilitate the service, provide the service on behalf of the company, perform other services related to the core service, or assist the company in analyzing how the service is used.
- Third-Party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social networking website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, generated by the use of the service or by the service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- The Site refers to nerdsdiary.com, accessible from https://nerdsdiary.com/
- You mean the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
When using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Electronic address (email)
- Name and surname
- Phone number
- usage data
Usage data is collected automatically when using the service.
Usage data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service you visit, the time and date of your visit. , time spent on these pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service on or through a mobile device, we may automatically collect certain information, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your unique mobile device ID, your mobile device’s IP address. , your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service on or through a mobile device.
Information from Third-Party Social Media Services
The company allows you to create an account and log in to use the Service through the following Third Party Social Media Services:
If you choose to register through or grant us access to a Third Party Social Media Service, we may collect personal data that is already associated with Your Third-Party Social Media Service accounts, such as your activities or your contact list associated with that account.
We collect information such as your first and last name, your email address, and your mobile number. But we do not share, sell, or profile. We only use this information to provide the login service.
To access or request the removal of your data, follow the instructions at the end of this page.
Use of your personal data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the use of our service.
- To manage your account: manage your registration as a user of the service. The personal data provided may give you access to different functionalities of the service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance, and performance of the contract to purchase the products, items, or services you have purchased or any other contract with us through the service.
- To contact you: to contact you by email, phone calls, SMS or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as push notifications from a mobile application about updates or informational communications related to contracted features, products, or services, including security updates were necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services, and events we offer that are similar to what you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted out of receiving such information.
- To manage your requests: To fulfill and manage your requests for us.
- For business transfers: We may use your information to evaluate or carry out a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as an ongoing concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar process, in which personal data held by us about our service users is among the transferred assets.
- For Other Purposes: We may use your information for other purposes such as analyzing data, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and evaluating and improving our service, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
- We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With service providers: We may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze your use of our service, to contact you.
- For Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With other users: When you share personal information or otherwise interact in public areas with other users, that information is viewable by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a Third Party Social Media Service, your contacts on the Third Party Social Media Service may see your name, profile, photos, and description of your activity. Likewise, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you, and view your profile.
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of your personal data
The company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when such data is used to strengthen the security or improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally required to retain such data for longer periods of time.
Transfer of your personal data
Your information, including personal data, is processed in the company’s operations offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. Does this mean that this information can be transferred? and kept in? computers located outside your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of your personal data
Under certain circumstances, the company may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests from public authorities (eg a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The company may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Fulfill a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the company’s rights or assets
- Prevent or investigate possible service-related irregularities
- Protect the personal safety of service users or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of your personal data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our service does not address children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires a parent’s consent, we may require your parent’s consent before collecting and using that information.
Links to other websites
Our service may contain links to other websites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. We call attention to the use of information provided.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services.